Effective: February 1, 2019
2. Information Collection and Use
SHOP GENIUS collects and uses your contact information to carry out the transactions you have requested and to communicate with you through various media. We may send certain communications such as letters, event reminders and information on SHOP GENIUS business transactions and personnel, and/or transaction-related data. We use a variety of third-party services to help provide Our Services, such as hosting our various Services, and to help Us understand and improve the use of Our Services. These third-party service providers may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP address. Third-party ad partners may share information with us, like a browser cookie ID, website URL visited, mobile device ID, or cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as a phone number or email address), to help Us measure and tailor ads. We may also receive information about you from Our corporate affiliates in order to help provide, understand, and improve our Services and Our affiliates' services, including the delivery of ads.
We may ask you to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, password, name, work address or telephone number. We may also collect demographic information, such as your ZIP code. We may collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with Our site. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses.
When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mail from Us, We may use web beacons, customized links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you more focused e-mail communications or other information.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Us, information collected through Our site may be combined with information obtained through other sites operated by Us, or partners, or our affiliates. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other companies.
3. Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
4. Sharing of Your Information
- we may provide your information to our sub-processors who perform functions on our behalf;
- third party contractors may have access to our databases;
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Us;
- or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Our policies;
- we may sell or transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose at our sole discretion; and
- we may share your information with third parties with your consent or direction to do so. Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country. We reserve the right to use, disclose and transfer non-personal information to our partners, advertisers and other third parties at our discretion.
Personal information collected on Our site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which We, our parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using Our site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. We abide by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union.
5. Communication Preferences
You can stop the delivery of future promotional e-mail from Our site and services by following the specific instructions in the e-mail you receive.
6. Security of Your Information
SHOP GENIUS is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. If a password is used to help protect your contact information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always choose to log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Our site may use "cookies" to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Our site and services that depend on cookies.
8. Law and Harm
9. Business Transfers
10. Our Policy Towards Children
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided Us with personal information without your consent, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If We become aware that a child under 13 has provided Us with personal information, We take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
If you have questions regarding this Policy, you should contact Rita Spaccapaniccia at email@example.com.
We will occasionally update this Policy to reflect changes in our Web Sites and customer feedback. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of this statement. If there are material changes to this statement or in how SHOP GENIUS will use your contact information, we will notify you by prominently posting a notice of such changes prior to implementing the change. We encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed of how SHOP GENIUS is protecting your information.